Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Slander and Lies!

With every passing day, I see more and more, that people are completely unaware of the economic crisis that lies ahead. Either they are being mislead by conglomerate high ups that only spread slander and lies, or are completely oblivious to the reality that lies just beyond there intellectual grasp. Now I know SOME people are aware of the economic collapse and are planning for the worst, but hoping for the best. On the other hand, I have asked some people about what they know about the recession, and they are more interested in mocking the "big words" that I use, than learning more about the scary realities that lie ahead. Without mentioning anyone in particular, I just believe that the general ignorance of people is very very disappointing. Now I'm not saying I'm the smartest person, nor am I saying that I do not make mistakes, BUT, how can people be so blind, so completely self involved and petty, that they can't even reconcile what is going on in there life, or the lives of others around them. Given, some of the people I talk to are from generation X, but some are more from the Baby Boomers generation.

Another thing I hate is ignorant saps that think that reading is an outdated form of entertainment. Seriously, it's the most fun and educational activity I can think of. It's very useful for increasing your vocabulary, and can make for some good conversations with fellow readers. I always see people lacking in vocabulary (much more than I would like to) and they can't even think of a better adjective than a foul term (ex. "Look at this fuc*ing house.") Honestly It's embarrassing. Also I hate people that misspell simple words on purpose. For what? To make yourself look less intelligent, to make the statement "Look at me! I'm edgy! I do not know grade school english!" Anyways, thanks for reading my first REAL blog post. Feel free to leave a comment with your opinion/retort.

6 comments:

  1. I have to agree on the reading front, in fact I still reda a lot when I go to bed. In fact my family business is entirely central on books, so we know that reading is important. I've also been doing the proper grammar and spelling stuff and sometimes I hate when people seem too lazy to even spell correctly.

    ...that's my rant for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that last part sarcasm? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Half-sarcasm, yes. I'm not usually seen being angry about things...although that wasn't necessarily me being angry.

    I am usually quite sensitive about random stuff like this though. xP

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's one thing if these people haven't educated themselves yet, but it's totally different if they refuse to be educated. It's almost disgusting at how people want to shelter themselves from the world.

    And the reading thing, that really pisses me off. I just learned recently that most people don't like reading. I'm in an honors english class, so I'm not that exposed to the folks who don't have to read. I was talking to my friend Nick, and he asked me if I liked reading for fun. I said Yeah! Of course! and he got all excited, like he's never had anyone to talk to about books before. He's a good kid, that nick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is cool, but I hate the name and the whole general layout. You're writing is well and impressive.

    I can't help but to want to think about the fact that you are a high school drop out making fun of kids who are still in school, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To clit: I find the name is a moot point, really.
    As well as the layout, because these are things that can be changed, although I am somewhat satisfied with it right now.

    And replying to that last statement. Honestly, I am not trying to make fun of people in high school, I think high school is great, but just wasn't for me. I'm not making fun of the kids BECAUSE there in school, I'm just poking fun at the thought of these people REFUSING to enlighten themselves with knowledge of the world around them.

    ReplyDelete